The Howards
I was never the kind of person who was comfortable talking about my weight and especially not with having people asking me about it. So the last couple of weeks as I've been at church it has been different and a little awkward having people come up to me and say things like, "So how's your BMI doing?" "How's the diet?" "Have you lost any weight yet?" At first I am a little embarrassed and unsure how to respond to such a personal question. But these people have been praying for me. They have listened to my prayer request to get my BMI down quickly so we can go to Japan. So, these questions come from people who have been praying for just that. That's why when a woman comes up to me and says that each time she is doing well with her eating she prays that I would be as well and each time she gives in she prays that I would not give in, I see the body of Christ. When another friend tells me that she is fasting from certain foods throughout the week to remember to pray for me, I see how He has knit us together as a family of believers. And it's a beautiful thing. This week we received the papers we need to fill out for medical clearance. On mine there is the little line that says "weight." I honestly hate that line. However, God is bigger than that line and I really believe that and am not just saying that to sound spiritual. It's true. And if I don't believe it than I am saying that the issue of my weight and BMI and all of that is more powerful than God. And it's not. So all that to say that I am working hard to get healthy, people are praying hard for me and I am feeling blessed! It's a beautiful thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment